Default Fear City - Questions ***Spoiler*** (Don't click here until you read the book)

Hey guys,

Long time no see!
    I just finished Fear City, greeeeat book! But I forgot how brutal some scenes could be in the books, hui. That Living Hell shit is really frightening... But also an ''interesting'' idea, what a torture that must be... Do people know of real life experiences? Is this sort of a "known" procedure? How long can people still live like that? I'm thinking about that stuff quite often at the moment, and every time I'm shaking

Sad it's now over, but I just realized I still can read the Young Adult ones, haven't done that yet.

But all that was not part of my question, this just came out when I started this thread

It's really a very long time ago since I read the first RJ books like Legacies etc., so I must admit I forgot a lot and should probably read those books again and perhaps my question is stupid. But in Fear City I was hoping to learn how Jack meets Gia. When I ended the book I was (and still am) a little disappointed. So, did I forget that stuff? Do I have to re-red the old books (ofc I have to, dumb question )?

Thanks guys and Paul for those great great books!

A warm greeting from Hamburg,
    Manuel
    "Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
    (Gentleman)

Visit my private Portfolio on Hidden Content

I thought I covered that (glancingly) in Die Grab. Anyway, he met Gia later, via Burkes, who knew the Westphalen sisters via the UN.
    FPWHidden Content
    "It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.

Thanks for your reply Paul. I really can't remember, damn. I'll read it again

btw, everybody hates german for that, but it's "Das Grab" :P

Manuel
    "Dem ago call a war a holy war...but if a war is holy....what unholy stands for?
    (Gentleman)

Wait...I should have checked my shelf. The spine of the German edition says Die Gruft.
    Last edited by fpw; 02-04-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    FPWHidden Content
    "It means 'Ask the next question.' Ask the next question, and the one that follows that, and the one that follows that. It's the symbol of everything humanity has ever created." Theodore Sturgeon.

Oh well, yea. "Die Gruft" ofc is the correct phrase, damn. Tomb means both, Gruft and Grab, so I just translated now without taking into account the title of the book
    Last edited by Jamo; 02-04-2015 at 09:33 AM.
    (Gentleman)

I agree with the living hell thing. Brings chills to even think about it. Dr. Wilson, is this proceedure really possible?

I don't see why not. :heh:
    FPWHidden Content

Ok, the GIF with the evil grin isn't at all disturbing..........thanks (I think!) for the reply!